Benefits of Membership
From the moment you join The Philanthropy Connection, you are welcome to participate in all events and on our committees.
These recurring small group discussions are held in a member’s home, feature current TPC Grantees, and explore how non-profits are tackling pressing needs in the greater Boston area. Sample Dialogues have discussed:
- The Importance of Mental and Physical Health for Success in Underserved Populations. With TPC grantees Doc Wayne Youth Services and Daily Table.
- What is the current status of immigration in Massachusetts? With TPC grantees Political Asylum and Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project and the Refugee and Immigrant Assistance Center.
- A Dialogue with Chuck Collins. The author of “Born on Third Base: A One-Percent Makes the Case for Tackling Inequality, Bringing Wealth Home, and Committing to the Common Good.”
Special Programs and Events
Throughout the year, members are invited to additional educational programs that also provide opportunities to connect with one another in small groups. These events have recently discussed:
- Best Treasury Practices for Non-Profits. With Patricia Mullin, Vice President and Cash Management Manager, Cambridge Trust.
- Connect the Dots: Foster Care in the Spotlight. With TPC current and alumni grantees Boston CASA, Friends of the Children, Sibling Connections, and Silver Lining Mentoring.
- Learn. Lead. Advocate. A Toolkit for Women Philanthropists. A half day workshop for Young Philanthropists teaching financial literacy, skills of effective Board members, and self and professional advocacy.
Members are welcome to join committees such as Member Engagement, Marketing & Communications, Young Philanthropist Initiatives, and Grants (see below). Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Grant Team Participation
As a grant-making organization, our work is, by necessity, cyclical. The number of grants we award each spring is determined by the number of members as of the previous December 31.
For members who joined and renewed in 2017:
- These donations comprise the grants that will be awarded in May 2018
- Members may sign up for a grant team in Fall 2017
- Members will receive a ballot in May 2018 to vote for the 2018-19 grantees