About the Fellowship
The Philanthropy Connection provides Fellowships for women between the ages of 18 and 35 in order to support and encourage the next generation of philanthropists. The Fellowship is open to any young woman who is interested in becoming part of the women’s collective giving movement and who is motivated to help The Philanthropy Connection redefine what it means to be a philanthropist – anyone who donates her time, talents, and/or treasures in an effort to improve the lives of others.
TPC Fellowships empower young women to deepen their commitments to philanthropy through the opportunity to learn from and contribute to our Give.Receive.Learn model of collective giving. Participation in grant-making, committee work, and membership events provides opportunities to connect with like-minded, multi-generational women; learn about the needs of the Greater Boston non-profit community; engage in meaningful relationships with grantees; and, identify and deepen the skill sets that Fellows can bring to the table. TPC Fellows are redefining what it means to be a philanthropist.
- Women between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- Motivated to learn about philanthropy and the non-profit landscape in Massachusetts
- Live in the Greater Boston area (within I-495 loop)
Benefits of a being a Fellow
- Become part of the women’s collective giving movement in Massachusetts
- Connect with a diverse and multi-generational group of women
- Enjoy full membership benefits, including the opportunity to learn how to solicit and evaluate grant proposals and award grants
- Expand awareness of the Greater Boston non-profit community
- Develop and refine skill set necessary for non-profit work
Fellowship Recipient Responsibilities: How to Fulfill our Mission
- One year commitment (beginning in June), with the possibility of an invitation for a second year
- Participate on a Grant Review Team
- Attend at least one Philanthropy Dialogue
- Attend at least one Connect the Dots recruitment event
- Participate in our mentoring program (two in-person meetings per year)
- Attend Annual Grant Awards Meeting on June 1, 2017
- Participate on a committee in addition to a Grant Review Team
- Attend one TPC Board meeting
- Attend specific social/educational programs for women 35 and under
- Attend Fellows retreat
To apply for a Fellowship, please click here.
TPC Fellowship applications are due April 17, 2017. Applicants will be notified the week of May 1 and interviews will be conducted for those invited to move on during the week of May 8. Fellowship decisions will be made the following week.
2017-2018 TPC Fellows will be invited to attend an internal Fellows event on May 23, 2017 and must attend the Annual Grantee event on June 1, 2017 (both events will be in the evening).